|Statement of Conduct, Principles and Ethics|
This statement outlines the most important principles of ethical and professional conduct. Members are encouraged and expected to observe these principles in spirit as well as letter.
- To serve our clients with integrity, knowledge and creative ability.
- To act fairly, honestly and in a manner they would be prepared to defend publicly.
- To maintain confidence and trust in the profession of horticulture.
- To protect, at all times, the integrity of the profession, the interests of the client and the general public.
- To continually improve their own professional knowledge and skill and keep abreast of new developments in their industry.
- To encourage and support education and research within the horticultural field.
- To provide other members with helpful, constructive and professional advice, coaching and mentorship when necessary in order to improve the professional reputation and image of the industry.
- To consistently maintain the confidence and trust in the profession.
- Members have an obligation to deliver goods and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, (according to contract specifications) in order to protect the client’s interest while maintaining acceptable standards.
- Members advertising shall be neither false nor in any way misleading.
- Members shall respect and improve the environment.
- Members shall treat employees fairly, honestly and lawfully.
- Members shall not make false or malicious statements that may injure the professional reputation of other members.
- Members shall endeavour to attract to the profession, individuals with a high degree of honesty, courtesy, integrity and competence
- Members shall meet their obligations and responsibilities to clients, suppliers and employees.
Should you have a disagreement with the work done by one of our member companies, or believe they have not adhered to the above principles and ethics, you may submit a formal complaint in writing using our Complaint Process.