IN THE HORTICULTURE INDUSTRY
Details on how to advertise. Choose another category from the icons at the top of the page.
The Town of Newmarket, Public Works Services Department
Requires a Contract Operator II Horticulture (2 year contract)
$23.00 - $28.00 per hour (40 hour work week)
Responsible for performing all parks and property maintenance primarily focused on horticulture including greenhouse operations, flower program and garden maintenance, equipment, inspection, special event support and record keeping. Reports through the Supervisor, Parks or Supervisor, Forestry & Horticulture as assigned.
How do I qualify?
- Post-secondary education in Horticulture along with significant demonstrated experience in horticulture including greenhouse operations, disease and pest control, horticultural design, plant and soil identification, operating and maintaining parks related equipment and vehicles or a combination of education and experience.
- Class “G” driver’s license in good standing.
- CPR and First Aid Certification, WHMIS, Health & Safety including responsibilities to oversee casual/seasonal staff as per the Ontario Health and Safety Act .
- Practical working knowledge of municipal parks and property operations, associated materials, health and safety regulations, equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to operate all parks maintenance equipment including, tractors, mowers, front end loader and the ability to haul trailers.
- Good communication, collaboration, coordination, organizational, problem solving, coaching and record-keeping skills.
- Familiarity with computers, mobile devices, and associated software such as Microsoft Office and Explorer.
- Effective customer service skills to deal courteously and effectively with the public, staff, suppliers, contractors and other departments.
- The ability and flexibility to work overtime on call standby and respond to after hour emergencies.
How do I apply?
Please apply online at www.newmarket.ca by the end of business day on December 9, 2014 quoting the file number PW 14-124. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
The Town of Newmarket is committed to accommodate all applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for all employment activities including the recruitment process.
Oakridge Landscape Contractors - Hannon, ON
About The Job:
OLC has an exciting opening for an Equipment Superintendent. The Equipment Superintendent will be responsible for the management of truck fleet, tool crib, heavy equipment, soil production, yard and drivers. With a focus on operations and safety, the equipment superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the fleet operates effectively. Also ensuring a strong focus on team support, driver success and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Equipment Superintendent
• Keep up to date on changes to relevant regulations
• Supervise drivers, ensure drivers are properly trained and have the appropriate equipment and tools to do their job
• Liaise with customers and peers regarding scheduling and resolve any issues
• Dispatching, routing, scheduling, planning of drivers/routes
• Coordinate all permits and licenses and keep dated record up to date
• Daily fleet operations
• Supervise the equipment crib
• Supervise the top soil production department
• Supervise and schedule drivers/equipment
• Schedule maintenance and repairs on all equipment
• Handle all inspections
• Maintain all necessary records for compliance and reporting
• Must follow all safety regulations and procedure according to standard
• Ensure accurate routing
• High School Diploma with ongoing or completed relevant post-secondary education.
• 3+ years experience supervising heavy truck equipment
• Experience with budgets, vehicle acquisitions
• Experience with MTO regulations and associated requirements
• Familiarity with OHSA
• Experience with Fleet Management Systems
• Transportation experience required
• Preparing daily/weekly/monthly staffing schedules
• Experience in Heavy duty truck/equipment technical knowledge
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) essential;
• Strong leadership skills;
• Excellent customer relations skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook; GPS tracking software
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
• Strong business ethics with a professional approach at all times;
• Strong knowledge and experience managing people;
• Strong knowledge and experience in equipment repair
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise;
• Ability to manage multi projects;
• Ability to be on call 24 / 7 in the event of emergencies;
• Ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented and fast-paced team environment with many tasks and demands
• Self-motivated and driven to obtain profitable and positive results
• Standing, sitting, lifting, bending
What’s In It For You?
• $55,000 annually plus incentives
• Company vehicle
• Company Smart Phone
• Positive work environment
• Safe and efficient equipment
For immediate consideration for the Equipment Superintendent role, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to: 905-692-9294
We appreciate your interest however please note that only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO SCARBOROUGH
Department: Facilities Management
Title: Service Worker Grounds (Casual – 20 positions)
Contract: December 2014 – March 2015
Hourly Rate: $13.16/hr - $13.55/hr after 12 months
General Description of Class:
Under general supervision, performs labour maintenance functions on grounds.
The following illustrative tasks indicate the level of skill required, and the extent of responsibility involved in this job. They in no way limit the incumbent to the tasks indicated.
a) trims, cuts and waters grass, shrubs and flowers;
b) rakes leaves, lays sod;
c) prepares ground for planting; plants flowers, shrubs and trees;
d) works on campus cleaning details;
e) works on snow and ice removal;
f) moves furniture and equipment; and
g) other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of grade 12 or equivalent.
Experience: One year of related work experience is preferred.
Other: Physical ability to perform labourious outdoor work, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written), works under all weather conditions and may be required to work long and various hours. Preference given to University of Toronto students.
Hours of work: No guarantee of hours. Hours vary based on operational needs. Call-ins during snow events. This is a casual position starting in December until the end of March.
Human Resource Services
University of Toronto Scarborough
1265 Military Trail
Scarborough, Ontario M1C 1A4
PARKS LONG TERM TEMPORARY LABOURERS
The City of Mississauga is currently looking for Parks Long Term Temporary Labourers for the employment period of April 6, 2015 up to October 16, 2015. These positions are responsible for the operation, maintenance and service delivery of Parks Operations maintenance functions, including the operation of vehicles and small equipment/machinery, routine and specialized maintenance and provide leadership and guidance to Summer Students as required. Successful applicants will be expected to fill positions and complete responsibilities that meet the operational needs of the business units, which require:
- Working various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Flexibility over the course of the work term as you can be re-deployed to various locations, shifts and/or assigned a variety of job responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information about the primary responsibilities, job specifications and the physical demands of the position, please refer to the job posting at www.mycitycareer.ca.
Qualified applicants must submit their application at www.mycitycareer.ca on or before December 31, 2014. All applicants will be required to complete an online questionnaire as part of the process. Only those applications submitted online at www.mycitycareer.ca will be considered for review.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are looking for experienced farm workers required to perform manual work.
Hand cultivating, digging and tree planting.
Hourly rate $11.00 per hour.
Seasonal employment starts April 1 to November 30, 2015.
Based out of Hornby, Ontario
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please no phone calls, fax or email resumes to:
Experienced farm workers required to perform manual work.
Hand cultivating, digging and tree planting. Hourly rate $11.00.
Seasonal employment starting April 1, 2015 to Nov 30, 2015.
Job site Keswick, Ontario
Fax resume 905-476-1534
or mail P.O. Box 284 Keswick, Ontario L4P 3E2
OPPORTUNITIES AT DAVEY TREE
Davey Tree is currently expanding operations and looking for experienced Arborists, Foremen, Climbers, and Groundspersons.
We are the largest employee-owned company in the green industry, and Canada’s trusted source for complete plant health care.
Our roots extend back to 1880, and we have branches from Ontario to British Columbia. Davey provides:
If you are interested in being part of our growing team, please email or fax resume to:
- Excellent training
- Career advancement
- Company benefits
- Employee ownership
- Opportunities in all aspects of arboriculture
- Solid industry compensation bases and incentive programs.
FORESTRY OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
If arboriculture is your passion as well as your profession, and you’re technically proficient in urban forestry operations, here’s an exciting opportunity for you to join the Parks, Forestry and Recreation team as a Supervisor, Forestry Operations.
Reporting to the Manager of Forestry Operations, you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of arboriculture services (i.e., pruning, removal, maintenance, selected planting, watering, commercial tree pit and container maintenance) within a designated area.
Your primary responsibilities as a Forestry Operations Supervisor will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Supervise staff and contractors to ensure that tasks related to the provision of planting, removal and maintenance services on trees on the City road allowance and in City parks and ravines conform to relevant policies and procedures, current arboriculture practices, legislation and regulations, including health and safety, asset and risk management, and related administrative duties.
- Act as a Supervisor under the definitions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and ensure that adequate training, safety equipment and safe work procedures are in place to develop a strong culture of Health and Safety and minimize any Health and Safety issues.
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of all assigned staff and contract crews that have responsibility for inspecting, maintaining and planting of City-owned trees, including scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, authorizing and coordinating vacation and overtime allocation and assignments, monitoring and evaluating staff and contractor performance, approving salary increments, hearing grievances and recommending/implementing disciplinary action when necessary.
- Supervise, motivate and train assigned staff, working with others to provide understanding of the current industry standards and techniques as well as internal practices and policies affecting forestry operations, health and safety concerns, equipment performance issues, etc., ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and continuous learning, and encouraging innovation in others.
- Prepare and maintain records, i.e., training, grievances, performance, projects, expenditures, and equipment maintenance.
- Represent the Division at meetings, briefings, small claims court, provincial court, municipal standards appeal hearings, and inter-agency and inter-divisional meetings.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, the public, Councillors, committees, contractors and suppliers.
- Provide project management support and leadership for projects with external agencies (e.g., TRCA, TDSB) or other City divisions, agencies, boards and affiliated groups (e.g., Business Improvement Areas), in cooperation with the other groups within the Urban Forestry Branch, related to City-wide planning of the urban forest, including the policies and practices for tree pruning, removal, planting and maintenance operations.
- Carry out on-call and standby responsibilities, ensuring emergency response to tree failures and tree-related by-laws.
- Prioritize activities and requests for service, using database management systems when appropriate, ensuring appropriate response to requests for tree maintenance, planting or removal services, investigating and maintaining records of complaints, conflicts and problems relating to City trees and/or divisional operations, and taking appropriate action to resolve them.
- Coordinate the purchase of supplies and equipment, including contract development and administration, and provide ongoing control of the allocated budget for your area of operations.
- Assist in the preparation of fleet specifications, prioritizing fleet replacement, and oversee, or coordinate with applicable divisions, fleet and equipment testing and maintenance.
- Supervise the administration of accounts associated with the assigned portfolio, which may include capital accounts, operating accounts, budgets associated with funds from other City divisions (i.e., Transportation, Urban Design), and funds resulting from grants and/or special projects (e.g., Asian long-horned beetle management program, etc.).
- Participate in developing urban forestry policies and practices regarding fleet management, ravine and watercourse management, training, tree maintenance, hazard tree removal, bracing and cabling, watering and hydro line clearing, etc.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Your application for the role of Supervisor, Forestry Operations must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Extensive experience gained through several years of progressively more responsible technical and supervisory experience in municipal urban forestry operations, or large-scale private sector tree maintenance operations.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function (i.e., Arboriculture, Forestry, etc.) combined with relevant management training experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and effective administrative skills in project planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large-scale budgets.
- Technical knowledge and proficiency in the core functions of the urban forestry portfolio, including:
- A thorough knowledge of tree species and their maintenance requirements in an urban environment similar to Toronto’s.
- A thorough understanding of Toronto Hydro and EUSA rules as they pertain to forestry issues and ability to identify Hydro overhead plant.
- Knowledge of City by-laws and municipal procedures relating to trees.
- Knowledge of common diseases and pests of trees planted in the region and their recommended treatment.
- Ability to operate as a member of a management team and a self-directed work team, and work cooperatively with front-line staff, community groups and bargaining units.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, the public, contractors and suppliers, and to negotiate and analyze solutions or resolve conflicts.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and manage projects and initiatives.
- Working knowledge of government legislation in the areas of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Highway Traffic Act, the Arborist Industry – Safe Work Practices, Collective Agreements and related labour legislation.
- A valid Ontario Class G driver's licence and the ability to obtain and retain a City driver's permit.
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather throughout the year, work shifts, weekends and overtime if required, and go on-call if required.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of corporate applications, especially with word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets and work order systems.
- Experience in supervising unionized staff and handling grievances, a definite asset.
Salary Range: $82,863 - $97,364 per year
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture, and are proud to be the Host City for the 2015 Pan American and Parapan American Games. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Supervisor, Forestry Operations within our Parks, Forestry & Recreation Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on this and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2037749X, by December 6, 2014.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Committed to employment equity, the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
LS Training System – London, ON
About the Career Opportunity
We are seeking an outgoing Account Manager to manage a current client base, and expand our sales in both Canada and the USA.
As an Account Manager for LS Training System, you will support small to medium-size businesses and give effective presentations for all new product lines to existing clients. With our expanding product line, the candidate will be able to sell more to their designated portfolio of clients.
As an Account Manager you will also:
- Provide support to current client base. This includes technical support
- Evaluate prospects’ business and sales needs and recommend appropriate services
- Closing sales of our services to meet sales and revenue goals
- Travel throughout North America; 6-10 short overnight trips a year to tradeshows
As an Account Manager you must project a professional image and possess a commitment to high personal earning. You are comfortable with a pay for performance compensation plan that has a small base salary. You must also be able to fit into a small business and team-oriented environment.
Additional requirements for the Account Manager include:
- Post secondary diploma or degree; a business specialization would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years sales experience
- Technically savvy; working with CRMs, databases and business softwares
- Ability to close sales with small to medium prospects, dealing directly with Owners and Presidents
- Ability to approach sales success in a systematic manner
- Sandler Sales training experience a plus
To apply, please contact Carla Bailey via email (email@example.com) to submit your resume and a letter of interest. Resumes will not be reviewed without the completion of the two assessments found below:
1st Questionnaire: To log in and complete the assessment:
Go to: http://survey.devinegroup.com/?key=ESPI-TLCUVSL
2nd Questionnaire: To log in and complete the assessment:
Go To: https://www.myedos.com/
Access Code Enter: CA4-TLCACCSales
EXPERIENCED SALES PERSON REQUIRED
Hamilton area hort distributor seeking an experienced sales person to take over and expand an established sales route in the Hamilton - Oshawa corridor that includes Freelton, Guelph, Milton, Hornby, and Bradford. This is a full-time salaried position with company vehicle and benefits package and is available immediately. The pay packet includes reward opportunities linked to growth.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be living within a 60 km radius of Hamilton or be willing to relocate. Horticultural knowledge from academia or from practical experience,in the greenhouse industry is a prerequisite. Preference will be given to candidates with exposure to both ornamental and vegetable production. Familiarity with a retail environment within the horticultural field, is an attribute.
Reply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, Box 11032014 and include up-to-date resume. Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible.
GRIEVE HOME MAINTENANCE LTD.
Serving Burlington since 1988
Looking for a pickup truck plow operator for residential snow removal service. Experience an asset.
Ideal candidate would be available year round to lead a Lawn and Garden team, though not required.
Successful applicant can start immediately for fall cleanups or when the winter begins.
Reliable transportation to and from rural shop, G license also necessary.
Snow Removal Operator: $8.50/day On-Call pay; $22-$26/hour when working as plow operator
Property Maintenance Lead: $17-$22/hour
Send resumes to Dan Grieve – email@example.com
Applicants without resumes will not be considered.
ARBORIST/UTILITY ARBORIST/PRODUCTION CLIMBER
Four Positions Available
Arbortech Professional Tree Care Inc. is a progressive tree care company celebrating over 20 years of serving the Southwestern Ontario area, encompassing Grand Bend, Strathroy and London, from Lake Huron to Lake Erie. The success we have achieved as a company is a direct consequence of the high standards our staff works to. They are well skilled, trained and educated in the treatment of trees, holding qualifications such as ISA Certified Arborist, provincially qualified Arborist, Utility Arborist, Horticulturalist, or graduates of college arboriculture programs.
While education, training and skills are vital components of a successful company, the most important element is safety. Without that we are nothing.
We are presently looking to fill four positions:
Qualifications We Would Like to See:
Preference will be given to people with the following qualifications or those who are working towards them.
- ISA Certified Arborist or Ontario Qualified Arborist
- Graduate of arboriculture post-secondary program
- Accomplished climber experienced in pruning and removing trees of all sizes
- DZ driver’s licence with clean abstract
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational and public relation skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Positive attitude
- Excellent work ethic
- Drug free
If you would like to work with professionals in a safety oriented, well-equipped company please send your cover letter and resume to:
Fax: (519) 245-6983
Mail: 641 Wright Street, Strathroy, ON N7G 3H8
Want to know more about us? Visit our website:
ARE YOU PAID WHAT YOU’RE WORTH?!
LANDCARE winter maintenance crews are the best in the business because we offer
If you are a high-energy, self-motivated individual, come join our team!
Snow Plowing Sub-Contractors
- Owner/Operators of vehicles with plows and salters required
- Clean Driver’s License abstract required
- Some hand or equipment shovelling required
- Ability to supervise shovellers is required
- Ability to do hard labour for long hours is essential
- Experience with winter snowplowing is essential
Start Date: Dec 1st, 2014 - Rate of Pay: - $13,000-$16,000 + Gasoline!
(negotiable dependent on experience)
Please forward resume to:
or Fax: (416) 538-8725
or phone 416-410-0320 Ext 1.
Also see our Employment Board at www.landcare.ca/employment for other opportunities available at Landcare
LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS ENTREPRENEURS, LEADERS & HARDWORKERS
This well established property maintenance company with 40 years of experience; specializing in commercial, industrial and multi-residential properties located near the tri-cities is looking for you to join our team.
DO YOU HAVE?
- Know what you are doing but don’t know the business end of it?
- Have experience in property maintenance?
- Get paid for the work you do?
- Find enough work to keep you busy?
- Have any difficulty dealing with unreasonable people?
- Get your paper work done and correctly?
IF YOU ARE?
- Knowledge of all lawn maintenance equipment
- Horticultural experience
- A high level of customer service
- 3+ years experience in landscaping
- A team player attitude and the ability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Email access
We want to hear from you!!!
- Goal oriented
- Take pride in your workmanship
- Financially responsible
Please forward your resume or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org